2015 has been one hell of a year and the most viewed post are here for your viewing pleasure! We have from music videos, artist advice articles, album reviews, even one of my unboxing videos makes it mark on the Top 25 Viewed Posts in 2015:
ANIMATE MIAMI is NEXT WEEKEND!!!! Join them on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday October 23, 24, and 25 at The Miami Airport Convention Center for the BIGGEST COSPLAY, ANIME, & ANIMATION event of the fall! Go to www.animatemiami.com for all the show info and get your tickets online directly at https://register.growtix.com/e/animate_miami_2015.
Animate! Miami is a full weekend celebration featuring some of the animation and anime industries’ biggest names, cosplayers, artists, comedians, entertainers, and much, much more! There will be hundreds of events, such as celebrity Q&A’s, costume contests, photo shoots, video games, comedy shows, screenings, and autograph sessions.
Some of the highlights for Animate! Miami 2015 include:
* Steven Universe cast members! Zach Callison (Steven Universe), and Grace Rolek (Connie).
* Sailor Moon cast members! Lauren Landa (Sailor Neptune), Erica Mendez (Sailor Uranus, Reika), Patrick Seitz (Kunzite, Malachite), Matt Mercer (Prince Demande, Prince Diamond).
* The stars of your favorite Anime! Cast members from Madoka Magica, FREE! Eternal Summer, Kill La Kill, Sword Art Online cast members, Attack on Titan, and more!
* Linda Larkin, the voice of Princess Jasmine in Disney’s Aladdin animated films, tv series, and video games.
* Christopher Daniel Barnes, the voice of Prince Eric in The Little Mermaid and Kingdom Hearts II, Spider-Man and Peter Parker in the Spider-Man Animated Series, and Prince Charming in Cinderella II & III.
* Olivia Olson, the voice of Marceline in Adventure Time, and Vanessa in Phineas and Ferb.
* Margaret Kerry, the original Tinkerbell and the Red-Headed Mermaid in Walt Disney’s 1953 animated feature Peter Pan.
* Dana Snyder, star of Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Master Shake), Squidbillies (Granny), The Venture Bros. (The Alchemist), Chowder (Gazpacho), Batman Unlimited (The Penguin), and The Thundermans (Dr. Colosso).
* Every Witch Way cast members! Jason Drucker (Tommy Miller), Jackie Frazey (Melanie Miller), Zoey Burger (Gigi Rueda), and Lisa Corrao (Ramona).
* Multiple costume and cosplay events each day of the show, with thousands of dollars in cash and prizes on the line!
* Over 150,000 square feet of convention space featuring 300 booths and tables with vendors, celebrity guests, artists, filmmakers, and exhibits. 3 stages of entertainment, over 10,000 square feet of video games, plus a dozen rooms for panels, tabletop gaming and screenings.
Go to http://www.animatemiami.com/p/program.html for a sneak peak at the complete Animate Miami program guide.
Go to https://register.growtix.com/schedule/animate_miami_2015 to check out the entire show schedule.
A limited amount of rooms are still available at the host hotels. Go to http://www.delmayandpartners.com/ANIMIA15.html and reserve your rooms before they sell out!
DON’T MISS THE DRUNK ON DISNEY V.I.P SPOOKTACULAR – HOSTED BY DANA SNYDER! (21+) tickets are available at https://register.growtix.com/e/animate_miami_2015. Three hours that will change your life FOREVER! DANA SNYDER’S VIP DRUNK ON DISNEY SPOOKTACULAR – is intended for discerning adults, 21-and-over, ONLY! Tickets are $60 and extremely limited! Hosted in a secret location on SATURDAY EVENING at 10:45pm.
Planning to attend Animate! Miami? RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/949154721776348/
I attended Wizard World in Ft. Lauderdale this passed weekend. And for a girl who loves comics, video games, and anything geek culture, I had a really great experience for my first time ever going to a Comic Convention. I was set and ready to go in cosplay. I chose Kairi from Kingdom Hearts II. I even had my keyblade ready to kill some heartless. I was accompanied by my friends @iloveSmurfs22 and @Eric__TH. Eric was dressed like Pence from Kingdom Hearts II. Check out some of the photos to see who I came across on my adventures:
One of my favorite moments at today's @wizardworld || we went to the prison and @kateemae26 is turning and bits me so Rick needs to kill me but @eric__th is going to kill him for killing me… Shoutout to the Rick Grimes lookalike @cecilgrimescosplay || #wizardworld #comicon #kingdomhearts #kairi #pence #cosplay #walkingdead #rickgrimes #TWD #moments #dope #ahhh
This girl was too cute! She was screaming from far away that she found Kairi! I played the part and she smiled from ear to ear. I really love this feeling with cosplay. Where all here to play apart and have fun doing it. Earlier we took a photo of us fighting with her camera found her at the end and just had to take another one.. Oh and photobomb by Deadpool. || #wizardworld #comicon #kingdomhearts #kairi #cosplay #deadpool #bioshock
Anything can inspire a beat, you just need the right sample. Samples can be quotes from a movie, soundtracks to video games and audio of passed interviews. Its common to have a few people inspire by the same thing. I decided to create a Poll to who sampled it better. This session we’ll concentrate on Kingdom Hearts II Intro with Utada Hikaru Sanctuary. Here’s how the intro looks and sounds like:
Alright, so you have the feel for Utada Hikaru Sanctuary. I’m a huge fan of the Kingdom Hearts Series and I love this song truly. What’s even better, I was able to find four artist who used this sample one way or another in their track. I was pretty impressed by the different versions of this track. Here are your options of Who Sampled It Better?
Jayomega was inspired by the original song when he first heard it on the opening credits of “Kingdom Hearts 2”, a popular Disney inspired RPG that released for Playstation 2 in 2005. Jayomega originally released “Sanctuary” on his mixtape “Ready Set Go 2: Going Going Gone“, but could never fully promote it as it violated some copyright laws. Jayomega sent me the track and advised him he should really get to remaking that beat to generate the song. But instead of using the same lyrics, he went in. Jayomega’s flow meets the pace to Syer amazing production skills.
Blizzi Boi adds to his Oceanic Music collection his track Sanctuary. This beat was sent to Blizzi Boi from a female vocalist. She wanted him to write the song and set the tone. Being a huge fan of the Kingdom Hearts series, he couldn’t turn it down. Oceanic Music sets a smooth fantasy almost trap r&b type of love song. Inspired by ocean life, R&B music and fantasy. Blizzi liked it so much he actually ended up completing the song. One thing I really like was how he started the track.. “I feel alive, when I’m with you! Just want to be inside your sanctuary”. Its pretty dope he flipped Utada’s line and made it his own.
Even though this track was created over 4 years ago, XV brings us his version of Sanctuary. I noticed there wasn’t any reference to Kingdom Hearts, but there is some type of reference I believe in his hook. See for yourself: “Not everybody lives, but everybody dies. So while a nigga here, I’m shooting for the sky. Landing on the moon, walking on the sun. Taking over the game, give it back when we done“. It’s more of an inspirational and motivational track. Titled WHEN WE’RE DONE, this track was the first leak off his Zero Heroes EP. Produced By Seven, I really like how that song inspired him to make this beat.
We even have a mainstream artist using this sample. French Montana SANCTUARY off of his mixtape MAC & CHEESE 3. I find it doubt that Frech Montana mentions this in his track: “You know what I mean? Its sanctuary baby. You know they say it’s the game of life and you don’t get to play it twice.” I feel this can be a reference to the Kingdom Hearts 2 since he mention a game and playing it twice. Who didn’t play that game twice. Black Metaphor is the producer on the beat. I like how he was able to maintain the sample at the beginning of the track, which really set the overall tone. Thought it was cool how melodic French became with the hook and bridges. French emphasizes the growth of his network, and the capabilities to splurge it, living that good life.